What if I forget to confess a sin?

A while ago I received an email from someone who was really struggling with how forgiven one can be.

I post the email conversation below for the simple reason that it is something so many people struggle with because of wrong doctrinal teaching. I hope you enjoy the short Q&A.

Question:

Hi Daniel,

This is XXX from Ghana. I visited your blog and I was so blessed.

Please if a person does not believe in the full package of the gospel, for instance when the person believes his past and present sins are forgiven and is only forgiven when ask for forgiveness, can we say the person is born again? And Why?

Best Regards,


Answer: 

Good day XXX

Thanks for your email and thanks for visiting my blog.

The question you are asking is a question that people have been asking through the ages and it is one that we all struggle with.

The problem is that if you have to name and confess each and every individual sin ... then what about the ones you might have forgotten, the ones you have not confessed, the ones you have missed and not asked forgiveness for?

The answer is thankfully given in scripture.

Prophetically David, looking towards the finished work of Jesus on the cross, said these words in Psalm 32:1-2: 
"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity"

The first part is easy - I name my sins and God forgives. But the scripture goes on to say "Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity" - that means God does not reckon your sins against you, whether you have named them or not, whether you ask for forgiveness or not ...

Jesus dealt with sin on the cross once and for all.

After the cross and the complete, finished work of Jesus, God imputes righteousness onto us (Romans 4:6-7) and One Offer covers it all for all, forever (Hebrews 10:14 - "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.")

On the subject of being born again, I'll refer you to one of my blog posts that deals with this at length. Please click on the following link to see more - 


Jesus is the "Full Package". He is the Full Gospel. If you receive Him, you receive the Full Gospel.

I hope this will provide some answers at least and that you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment